The Personal Information We Collect
We only collect the information we need for the purposes of providing and servicing your financial and Insurance products. Personal information means information about an ‘identifiable individual’ and may include:
- credit information
- lifestyle information
- marital status
- date of birth
- citizenship status
- health information
- net worth
- social insurance number
- name, home address and phone number
Why we need the information
We use your personal information to:
- confirm your identity
- determine your eligibility or need for insurance and financial products
- determine and verify your credit worthiness for the financial and insurance products and services you request
- administer and service the insurance and/or financial products we provide
- meet regulatory and contractual requirements relating to the services and products provided to you
Protecting your personal information
We are responsible for all personal information under our control
We maintain a file of our personal information in our office.
Only employees of Hardy Financial Group Ltd who need your personal information to do their jobs are given access to your personal information.
We have developed physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying and unauthorized use or modification.
However we are not responsible for the privacy practises and policies of companies or organizations who may obtain personal information independently of any relationship they may have with us. We are also not responsible for the privacy practises and policies of companies or organizations to whose websites our website may provide links. Please review the privacy policies of these companies and organizations before providing personal information.
Your right to request access to your personal information
You have the right to know:
- if we hold any personal information about you. However, if we have any sensitive medical information about you from third party, we will only release this information through your physician.
- how we have used and are using any personal information about you
- to whom we have disclosed any personal information about you
You can contact us if you want to access the personal information we have about you. In some situations, you may not be able to access all of your personal information. For example, we may not be able to disclose information if it would reveal personal information about a third party or would reveal confidential commercial information.